Issues and Challenges:
- Unable to track the inventory accurately as there were more than 20,000 items in the inventory list for management at the plant and warehouse.
- Stock control staffs had a hard time to locate the correct inventory at the warehouse hence time consuming.
- Poor shelf life control for the inventory due to First-In-First-Out (FIFO) was not applied at all times and caused wastage.
- Inventory tracking for warehouse was tough due to the current warehouse system unable to track the product Serial Number, Batch Number and Expiry Date.
- More costs were involved when items were used at the wrong way or customer received the wrong items.
- Poor space utilization for inventory storage.
- Poor inventory management resulting inaccurate inventory data.
|Their Objectives||What they have achieved|
|To reduce Searching Time||Locate items within seconds|
|To reduce Wastage||Reduce 90% of wastage|
|To implement FIFO inventory control||Fully compliance|
|To improve inventory tracking||100% compliance with ISO standard|
|To increase productivity||Reduce head counts and overtime|
|To improve Storage Space Utilization||More item storage within same warehouse|
|To improve Inventory Accuracy||Above 97.5% accuracy|