Picking can be severely affect warehouse’s productivity as the picker will spend significance amount of time for traveling within warehouse premises.
Checklists for order picking operations :-
1. Is information, instruction or document available and adequate (what to pick, where to pick, how much to pick) for picking?
2. Types of pickings (Loose picking, Case picking, Pallet picking)
3. Has picking orders been sequenced or consolidated?
4. Are items ready (quantity, quality, packing condition) for picking?
5. Is picking method clear (single, batch, multiple orders, zone)
6. Is material handling equipment in working condition?
7. Is the picking information (item, quantity, batch, lot) being captured and recorded after picking?