There are many possible causes that can result in such credit card rejected error. Here’s some explanations and possible resolutions that you can try out:-
1. Credit Card Is Linked or Associated with a PayPal Account
If your credit card is linked or assigned to a PayPal account, try login to PayPal during payment process and then change the source of fund to make the payment by using credit card instead of PayPal balance.
2. Credit Card Is Previously Used in PayPal Account or Assigned in Closed PayPal Account
PayPal remembers a credit card details even when it’s already been removed from the account or your account is closed or deleted. In this case, try another credit card, or assigned the credit card to a PayPal account, and pay with account logged in.
3. PayPal Limit on Non-Member Credit Card Usage
According to PayPal source, there is a limit based on the number of times, the amount of the transactions, the type of merchandise being sold that a credit card can be used within the system without having to verify ownership by opening an account. The restriction is for security and fraud protection reasons. There is no workaround to this limitation, but you should be able to use another credit card. If there is problem, try using another email address. Else, register a PayPal account.
4. Credit Card or Email Address Raises Flag in the Transaction
Closely link to reasons above, where some part of the transaction raises flag on the server that stop the payment. Two possible flags are on credit card or email address. Try changing either credit card or e-mail address or both when attempting to pay again.
5. Cookies Problem
Try using another web browser and/or delete cookies and attempt to pay with PayPal gateway using credit card again.
6. Credit Card Is Not Confirmed in Account
Contrary to some of the reasons above, if the credit card has been linked to an account, but not yet confirmed, try to complete all credit card information such as Card Verification Number or Security Code, and confirm the card by entering the PayPal code shown on the credit card statement on special refundable charge by PayPal.
In all case, the problem won’t arise if you add the credit card to PayPal account, and use it as funding source to pay the transaction through PayPal account.
- Currently I’m using eStockCard Standard (v2.1.7) and I want to upgrade to eStockCard Premier (v3.1). How do I proceed?
- Can I print out documents from the IN & OUT screen for the eStockCard v3 Inventory System?
- Alerts Events available in the eStockCard Inventory System
- Why I were unable to receive email alert in the eStockCard Tracking System?
- Currently I’m using eStockCard Standard (ver 2.1.7). Can I upgrade to eStockCard V3 Warehouse?