I would like to share a success case for one of my client who is dealing with distribution business in domestic market with small-scaled setup.
After 6 months of implementation of Chronos eStockCard Inventory Management Software, their warehouse operations have been drastically improved. Below are the key data to share :-
1. General Information
- Warehouse area : 80’ x 120’
- Number of storage rack : 24 (4-layers)
- Number of products : 500+
- Number of staffs : 4
- Average searching time per item : ~ 10 min
- Frequency of stock take per annum : 6 times
- Previous practices : Accounting based stock control software + Manual record (stock card + book)
2. Major problems
- Inaccurate data, due to mismatching between computer data and manual data. Time lapse between operation and data entering.
- Slow and inefficient searching for products.
- Re-organize warehouse layout & Proper identification of storage rack.
- Implementing eStockCard.
- Reliable inventory information at finger tips.
- Average searching time per item : less than 30 seconds.
- Frequency of stock take per annum : 2 times.
- Number of staffs : 2 (due to natural attrition but no replacement).
5. Learning cycle
- Less than a week.